Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Is love enough??



My love is not enough.  It never has been, although now it isn’t enough, but it is for very different reasons.  I have always hoped that my love would be enough for him, but it never has been.  He has always had me, yet he always wanted more – wanted to know what else was out there, what he was missing.  Now, it seems, he may soon find out what it is like to be missing me.  Not because I want it to be over – I don’t.  I have never wanted my love to be enough more than I want it to be enough now.  I want it to be enough to carry us through this storm, and although I have always thought it was strong enough to carry us through anything, I think this storm is just too big.  We can’t move on past the betrayal--past the lies and the hurt and the anger.  I know that he loves me, and god knows I love him and have loved him as fiercely as any person has ever loved another.  But is it enough?

It’s not.  I can’t let it go. I can’t wrap my little brain around the fact that he could do this to me, to our little family that he, at one time, so desperately wanted.  I can’t believe he would have unprotected sex over and over with someone he didn’t really trust and then come home and risk me and our unborn child.  I can’t believe that when I loved him unconditionally and gave him another chance, he lied more and betrayed me again.  I can’t believe that he missed out on the whole summer with our children while he was caught up in his own head trying to decide if he loved her (wtf??).  I can’t stand that they still work together and that she is a part of my daily life.  I can’t take it that he tiptoes around her feelings so he doesn’t “antagonize” the situation at work.  I can’t take it that she is still trying after four months of him being committed to us.  I cannot handle that I am supposed to be the bigger person and be well-behaved and not confront her when she is screwing with my family. 

I’m so over it.  I wish I thought my love for him was enough to see us through.  I need to start making some decisions that I can live with and not question every single day.  I need to move on, but I’m not sure it needs to be with him.  I don’t deserve this torture everyday.  I deserve to be happy and healthy and to be in a relationship where I don’t have to worry and wonder all the time. I love him so much, but is love really enough?  I am just not so sure anymore... 

2 comments:

  1. Hello Jennifer,
    Dear Jennifer,

    So sorry that you have to go through this... I know what you are going through. One thing I learned is that it takes a long long time to get over the betrayal and deception of this magnitude. Unfortunately, it's almost impossible for healing to start until the other woman is completely physically removed from the affair partner. In my case, I gave my husband no choice but to fire the girl or if he has no ground to do so, he should quit and look for another job (he really really loved his job). Fortunately, the girl quit and now we are working through the problems. It has been a year and a half and I still have outbursts and I have this love and hate emotions towards my husband. He knows it will take a long time for me to forget this if ever. He tries very HARD to make things right but I know it will never be the same. Still....there are times I am really happy, really loved and thank the Lord for everything that I have in my life. I am content with that.

    I hope you and your husband find a way to get rid of the girl from your lives permanently. Then the healing can truly start. I will pray for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ache for you! I too was so upset about my husband having unprotected sex (as if sex itself isn't bad enough). Its like he purposely put my life in danger. You have suffered so much! I will be coming back to your blog to read more of your story. THis blog as over a month ago. how are you now?
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete